Upgrade Migration OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g
Why upgrade to Oracle’s OBIEE 11g?
- OBIEE 11g is vastly superior to OBIEE 10g
- Aligned with Oracle’s vision for BI and EPM
- Fully integrated with Oracle’s Fusion middleware
- Significant new functionalities (Hierarchy management, Security enhancements, scalability and performance)
- Support for additional data sources (Essbase, Endeca, OLAP, Hyperion etc.)
- OBIEE 10g premium support is ending in July 2013
- GoLiveSystems has extensive knowledge of both 10g and 11g platforms including product architecture
- During the migration process we include continual knowledge transfer and training, ensuring your team is comfortable and understands OBIEE 11g and provide the following;
- Architectural understanding
- Day to Day management
- System life-cycle procedures
GoLiveSystems’ provides a comprehensive service to ensure your successful transition to OBIEE 11g Further Enhancements:
- We create a custom “Approach” document detailing at a high level the implementation steps
- Also identify and develop:
- Current-state assessment template
- Detailed customer resource requirements (e.g. Security/Web/DBA)
- Migrate current 10g functionality to OBIEE 11g
- Ensure that upgraded platform is configured the system architecture to satisfy your long term needs
- Upgrade in a timely manner not to impact your day to day operations
- Introduce your team to the latest features and benefits of OBIEE 11g
Deliverables: Assessment Phase:
- Typically 3-5 days, GoLive Senior BI consultant will assess your current OBIEE 10g environment:
- Number of environments, dashboards, subject areas, extent of customization, security model and usage etc.
- Provide you with a clear picture on what to expect:
- Optimized utilization of existing hardware.
- Any new system requirements, licensing requirements, training, and technical skill requirements.
- Work with your team and recommend an effective System Architecture for OBIEE 11g platform
- Map out an upgrade path and action plan including Timelines and Resourcing.
- Install OBIEE 11g in a test environment.
- Upgrade 10g to 11g with correct patches and customizations applied.
- Adopt the new OBI role based security
- Work with your security administrator to Integrate OBIEE 11g into your security framework.
- Assist your team in regression test plan development and execution.
- Scale-up, Scale-out as necessary to provide properly scaled, load balanced, highly available environment for your UAT and Production.
- Adoption of new features and configure the out-of-box parameters to support anticipated workload.
- Assist your team in acceptance testing and production deployment.
- Joint sessions with your team on following aspects of OBIEE 11g platform:
- Architectural overview
- New features and it’s applicability in your environment
- Guidance on routine systems management procedures
- Guidance on application deployment and life-cycle management
- Assist in your migration efforts
- Moving to different platform architecture.
- E.g. Migrating Windows 32-bit platform to Linux 64-bit platform architecture
Upgrade to EPM 11.2.x
GoLive’s infrastructure and functional consultants have carried out many upgrades to the latest Oracle Fusion releases from older versions and have developed a streamlined process for carrying out upgrade projects, often involving multiple applications and large amounts of data.
Your Enterprise Performance software and applications, being on the cutting-edge of technological advances need upgrades every few years to leverage the advances in technology and to make new functionality available to users. Since this task involves the preservation of the existing data and functionality within the current application, the tasks associated with an upgrade can be numerous.
The ability to of integrating your EPM and ERP applications has always been a challenge. When EPM/BPM suites first debuted companies have strived to improve the level of integration between them and their ERP packages. You can use off-the-shelf data-sharing products such as middleware, EAI tools and ERP/EPM connectors or develop your own proprietary connector components. Also you can turn to the application programming interfaces (APIs) shipped with the ERP systems themselves. But, as you might expect, each method is not suitable for all integration projects.
GoLive’s integration specialists, have extensive experience in the development of ETL interfaces from ERP/GL to Oracle EPM applications whether it is SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards or Microsoft Dynamics. Our team works with you to define and implement an integration roadmap to Oracle EPM Application with the Oracle ETL toolset that best meets your needs.
Contact us for an exploratory evaluation of your current situation and discussion of your needs.
Integrate Master Data Management
Master Data Data cleansing is at the heart of Oracle MDM’s ability, turning your data into an enterprise asset. Only standardized, de-duplicated, accurate, timely, and complete data can effectively serve an organization’s applications, business processes, and analytical systems.
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Fusion Edition (FDM) is a packaged solution that enables finance users to develop standardized financial data management processes. FDM using a Web-based guided workflow user interface with its data preparation server eases integrating and validating financial data from any of your source systems. And to further reduce your data integration costs and data mapping complexities, Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management includes optional prepackaged EPM Adapters for Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning, Oracle Essbase and Hyperion Enterprise.
Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management (DRM) provides the industry’s first data model-agnostic master data management solution built to enable financial and analytical master data management in dynamic, fast-changing business environments.
Financial Master Data Management Create an enterprise view of financial chart of accounts, cost centers and legal entities with a view to govern on-going financial management and consolidation based on consistent definitions of financial and reporting structures across general ledger systems, financial consolidation, planning and budgeting systems.
Analytical Master Data Management Create an enterprise view of analytical dimensions, reporting structures, performance measures and their related attributes and hierarchies using Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management’s data model-agnostic foundation. Construct departmental perspectives that bear referential integrity and consistency with master data constructs based on validations and business rules that enforce enterprise governance policies. Synchronize master data with downstream systems including business intelligence (BI)/enterprise performance management (EPM) systems, data warehouses and data marts to gain trustworthy insight.
GoLive’s consultants have extensive experience in designing and deploying MDM, FDM and DRM solutions. Our team integrates with your team to create and implement a roadmap for the optimal solution to fit your needs. Contact us for an exploratory discussion of your current situation.