Upgrade Migration OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g
Why upgrade to Oracle’s OBIEE 11g?
- OBIEE 11g is vastly superior to OBIEE 10g
- Aligned with Oracle’s vision for BI and EPM
- Fully integrated with Oracle’s Fusion middleware
- Significant new functionalities (Hierarchy management, Security enhancements, scalability and performance)
- Support for additional data sources (Essbase, Endeca, OLAP, Hyperion etc.)
- OBIEE 10g premium support is ending in July 2013
- GoLiveSystems has extensive knowledge of both 10g and 11g platforms including product architecture
- During the migration process we include continual knowledge transfer and training, ensuring your team is comfortable and understands OBIEE 11g and provide the following;
- Architectural understanding
- Day to Day management
- System life-cycle procedures
GoLiveSystems’ provides a comprehensive service to ensure your successful transition to OBIEE 11g Further Enhancements:
- We create a custom “Approach” document detailing at a high level the implementation steps
- Also identify and develop:
- Current-state assessment template
- Detailed customer resource requirements (e.g. Security/Web/DBA)
- Migrate current 10g functionality to OBIEE 11g
- Ensure that upgraded platform is configured the system architecture to satisfy your long term needs
- Upgrade in a timely manner not to impact your day to day operations
- Introduce your team to the latest features and benefits of OBIEE 11g
Deliverables: Assessment Phase:
- Typically 3-5 days, GoLive Senior BI consultant will assess your current OBIEE 10g environment:
- Number of environments, dashboards, subject areas, extent of customization, security model and usage etc.
- Provide you with a clear picture on what to expect:
- Optimized utilization of existing hardware.
- Any new system requirements, licensing requirements, training, and technical skill requirements.
- Work with your team and recommend an effective System Architecture for OBIEE 11g platform
- Map out an upgrade path and action plan including Timelines and Resourcing.
- Install OBIEE 11g in a test environment.
- Upgrade 10g to 11g with correct patches and customizations applied.
- Adopt the new OBI role based security
- Work with your security administrator to Integrate OBIEE 11g into your security framework.
- Assist your team in regression test plan development and execution.
- Scale-up, Scale-out as necessary to provide properly scaled, load balanced, highly available environment for your UAT and Production.
- Adoption of new features and configure the out-of-box parameters to support anticipated workload.
- Assist your team in acceptance testing and production deployment.
- Joint sessions with your team on following aspects of OBIEE 11g platform:
- Architectural overview
- New features and it’s applicability in your environment
- Guidance on routine systems management procedures
- Guidance on application deployment and life-cycle management
- Assist in your migration efforts
- Moving to different platform architecture.
- E.g. Migrating Windows 32-bit platform to Linux 64-bit platform architecture
Upgrade to EPM 11.1.2
GoLive’s infrastructure and functional consultants have carried out many upgrades to the latest Oracle Fusion releases from older versions and have developed a streamlined process for carrying out upgrade projects, often involving multiple applications and large amounts of data.
Your Enterprise Performance software and applications, being on the cutting-edge of technological advances need upgrades every few years to leverage the advances in technology and to make new functionality available to users. Since this task involves the preservation of the existing data and functionality within the current application, the tasks associated with an upgrade can be numerous.